Friday 29 May 2015

Travels With My Brother 1

I don't have an aunt. So I am forced to travel with the next best relative. Brother Mick. We've shared many things over the years. A bedroom for fifteen of them, toys, a backyard in Morningside, parents,family holidays, girlfriends (almost true - Mick met his wife on a canoe trip which I had helped organise with my then girlfriend now wife, Andrea)but we've never travelled together alone. We did a quartet (two couples) a few years ago to Portugal and Spain, but never alone. Funny, after you get married and have kids you're hardly ever alone with your siblings. Maybe the odd conversation on the verandah at the christmas gathering, but rarely two weeks in each others pockets. "I'd love to be a fly on the wall" observed Mick's wife few weeks before we embarked on our expedition. I will be interested to see how it goes. We're both mature men so I imagine we'll find a way to make it work. So far so good. We've arrived in Zagreb and in a few days we'll cross the border into Italy, our real destination. The family reunion.

No comments: