Tuesday 16 August 2011

Strange bedfellows

Pillow talk. Arch enemies. Tony Abbott - Leader of the Liberal Party in Opposition and Bob Brown Leader of the Greens.

B: Tony, about these coal seam gas companies. They're just bullies.
T: I agree Bob. An Englishman's home is his castle. Someone has to draw the line.
B: You don't know how happy that makes me feel Tony. You and I, we think the same way about things.
T: About the farmers?
B: And the miners.
T: But you hate miners
B: I don't hate the miners Tony, only their dirty filthy habits.
T: I hate filthy habits too Bob.
B: I won't take that personally Tony
T: Look Bob, What I really meant was that farmers should have the same rights as us.
B: Consenting adults?
T: Bob, you're making me nervous.
B: What then?
T: To say no.
B: Aw, c'mon Tony.
T: Bob, you are deliberately misconstruing my intentions.
B: Well , can you be a bit clearer Tony. I'm confused.
T: Bob, not all farmers are the same and ... it's complicated.
B: Don't tell me. You've been seeing a few miners on the side.
T: Well, yes. But I'm getting exhausted trying to satisfy them all.
B: I feel for you Tony.
T: And now this.
B: You're so fickle Tony. C'mon snuggle up. I'll show you what we did to the loggers.

Cartoon by Bill Leak The Australian newspaper Monday 14 August 2011

1 comment:

Stafford Ray said...

I apologise that I have not visited for a while, and would like to visit the Greek's in West End, really liked the poem
"white lies and blackened reputations
told by the ambitious
for the expedient
without a care for consequence", was about to ask Tony who? and then came across this cartoon and your witty little play!
So good mate, cheers.